I love a good raining day especially when I can put on comfy clothes and just enjoy the fact that the weather is dreary outside and I don't have to go out in it unless I choose to. We have been getting quite a bit of rain lately. Wednesday there was a spectacular storm and it was wonderful. I got lucky because I had computers so my class didn't get wet. (My class has to walk outside to get into the school.) Usually here in Utah if it rains you can count on it raining hard for 10 minutes max. Tuesday it rained like I was in Pennsylvania. It rained in sheets - and it rained hard for a good two hours. I loved it and the only thing that would have made it better would have been if I was home reading a book. I feel the same way when it is blizzarding. I'm not ready for that so I am loving the rain.
Here are a few pictures from the last few days enjoy! And if a storm comes your way I hope you're somewhere safe and warm where you can enjoy it while it lasts- They never last long do they? And the sun that comes after is always so bright and pleasant makes the storm worth it some how.
Tricia and I went to a demolition derby with a bunch of friends. We are both working on a list of 30 things to do in corresponding to turning thirty. I have a few things left to add to mine and then I'll post it so look for it in the future. This activity was on Tricia's list and we had a great time cheering for cars as they hit each other. I think the whole idea is a little odd - we had a good time.
Jonathan and Annie were in Utah to visit her family so I got to play with Lilly. I made a cake and made a little one just for her. She was excited to get to frost it with me.
I tried to get a better one but she didn't want to keep her eyes open. She said the flash was hurting her eyes. She looks like she is crying here but she isn't she was laughing and being really funny every time I clicked the picture. She's such a sweet heart and I love her to pieces!
On Tuesday I had my hair cut. I love it this length. I'm always a little frustrated that I can't get it as straight as Emily my hairdresser gets it but I enjoy it this way for the day that it lasts.
Kara and I enjoyed an evening of dinner, catching up, and a session at the temple. I enjoyed it so much and am so grateful for good friends who help make life so wonderful!!
Saturday my ward had an activity at a local pool. I was excited there was a slide. It reminded me I need to plan a trip to a big fun water park next summer! Anyone want to join me???
Have a fantastic week!!! Stay tuned next week to find out if I survive my first half marathon... wish me luck!!!
So Fun!! I love your catch-ups...especially when I am part of them!! :) Love you!
ReplyDeletePoor Lilly and her super-sensitive eyes! You're such a great aunt to her and she loves you to pieces, too!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures on the hunt, those are great! You are going to more than survive the half by the way! Can't wait to see you on Friday!
ReplyDeleteOh Olivia, how I miss you just looking at these pictures. And yes, i do wish my life was just as exciting as yours!:) Cute Lily...I wish I could meet her...she looks like a little doll. You mean so much to so many my friend!
ReplyDelete