Labels

January 24, 2010

Favorites for the Week...

Annie left a comment last week to the effect she wouldn't hope for a post like it every week with my pictures on it. In the past I have been a sporadic blogger to say the least. So I can understand her skepticism. However, I've sort of felt like it was a personal challenge so Annie here it is my third week of a picture a day.


Monday
I had Monday off from work for Civil Rights day. So Kara and I decided to go and see a movie. I've wanted to see The Fantastic Mr. Fox since I read the book a couple of weeks ago. We ran into one small problem there was only one theater showing the movie. A cheap theater in American Fork - Not a problem that it was cheap or in American Fork but a problem that it was evident the moment we drove up that everyone in the town had the same idea as we did for their afternoon of no school. We tried to get a good picture of the line we waited in for about 15 min. Really a line? The last line I waited in was for the midnight showing of Harry Potter - I'll wait in line for that but for a movie at the $1.50 theater??? We had fun though. The movie was OK not what I was really hoping for but OK. We also had some yummy dessert at a little bakery and as always it's lovely spending a few hours with such a good friend.


Tuesday
I decided to take a picture of one of my favorite people I eat lunch with... there will be pictures yet to come of Annette, Reagan, Greg, and Darlene - This is Terry - he is our schools psychologist. I give him a hard time about psycho analyzing me during lunch and he gives me a hard time about a lot of other things. It makes my 45 minutes of lunch oddly enjoyable.

Wednesday
This is nothing exciting - I'm listening to Harry Potter any chance I get because I have a student who I told we should read a Harry Potter book together. He wanted me to read #6 with him but he was half way through it before he told me I should start reading. So I opted to wait for #7. All of the CDs are now on my computer, ipod, and in my car. Like I said I've got to listen any chance I get or he'll have it read and I'll still be on Chapter 10.
Thursday
I didn't get my picture taken earlier in the day on Thursday so it ended up being an "as I go to bed hurry and take a picture of me." I just happen to be carrying my plant upstairs to put it back on my dresser - it had been in the kitchen getting some light for a couple of days - So this plant that I've kept alive since June was my companion for the picture. - I'm weird I know.



Friday
I went bowling with some of my friends. We played three games... I broke 100 twice and scored 99 once. I feel like I'm a winner if I break 100 so I felt it wasn't a bad night. I also decided that a bowling alley is a place I wouldn't like to spend a lot of time there. Maybe it was just a Friday night but there were quite a few interesting people.

Saturday
I have a few fun pictures for the day: #1 Kendall and I decided to take on a crocheting project. We are attempting to crochet beanies. I've got to take mine out and restart. My head isn't quite as big as I thought. #2 Maurianne and I ate dinner at Zupas. I love their soup and sandwiches. We decided to add a dessert and it was very enjoyable. It was also a lot of fun to catch up with Maurianne.

#3 Maurianne and I went over to Kara's for a going away party. Kara is off to Russia for 4 months. Kara it's going to be an amazing adventure and I can't wait to hear all about it!!


And there you have it a week in my life! Pretty exciting huh??

2 comments:

  1. I just want to be the first to comment!! I love it since you updated all this at my house with me. :) I always love to see and hear about your daily adventures and even more when I am a part of them. Thanks for giving me time in your exciting weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! So I'm loving the weekly updates. And you're a better bowler than I am. I'm lucky if I break 50. Pathetic, I know, but true. And I'm jealous of all the yummy desserts you've had this week. My sweet tooth comes roaring in with a vengence when I'm pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete