Labels

May 23, 2010

I don't have the good one...

It has been a quick week and sometimes I wonder about what I'm doing with my time. I can't believe there is only one week of May left. I'm going off track on Friday - the funny thing is I'm excited to have time off to play but don't feel in desperate need of a break from my students. I'm going to miss them when I have to say good-bye the beginning of July. So I decided that as part of my picture a day I'd take a picture with each of my students individually and write memories I have of them. When you teach school these students become a bigger part of your life than you ever thought possible. I enjoy them so much and can't wait to hear about all the amazing things they will do in the future. Part of the reason I state this on the blog is if I'm taking a picture with a student for my picture of the day it won't get posted on here. In fact I took two this week. But the really great photo of me on our field trip I took with the school camera and didn't remember to bring it home with me so I'll need to post it later.

On Monday I made another batch of cream puffs to enjoy with leftover chicken salad and pudding and strawberries. A very yummy dinner and treat!

Wednesday I hung out with Michelle and her family. They were in the middle of a lighting project and this picture is of Michelle and I on our run to Home Depot.

Saturday I went to a couple of friends' reception with a few other friends. These are all people from my old ward. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them. I imagine heaven to be a lot like a great big reunion of friends. It's interesting how one short phase of life can tie you to dear friends for life. It is actually really nice to think about.







2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the tie-dye shirt! ha ha. that was a fun night wasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to those receptions from the 16th ward too. So many great people.

    ReplyDelete