Labels

May 9, 2010

My Mom

My mother doesn't read my blog but I wanted to post about her anyway and wish her a great day on this mother's day. I have learned many things from my mother and I love her dearly.
Here are just a few reasons why I think she's so great!

She has made me some killer Halloween costumes over the years! Here is a favorite from when I was little - I think I just loved having my face painted.


This year she out did herself with my Raggedy Ann costume. She took a children's pattern and made an adult size to fit me. She truly is so talented and every time we do a sewing project I think I should be learning so much more from her!

She LOVES to have her picture taken - only joking I'm not sure why she's not smiling and why I'm pulling a funny face.

We enjoy delicious food whenever we get together. Cooking is a love I got from her!

She loves each member in our family and loves to spend time with us.

More fun family time in Yellowstone. It is becoming a yearly tradition!

My mom will let me and every little cousin and grandchild roast marshmallows and catch them on fire and will not yell at us. She loves to eat them but doesn't care if I just want to roast them. I think I might eat one every camping trip. I would rather eat the cookies that we buy for smores without the marshmallow.

She'll cuddle you when you're cold and wet.


Watch the little ones while the "big kids" float the river.

My Mom loves to do humanitarian work. She is a great example of giving a little to make a big difference.

She always lets me taste test any goodie she ever made. - Usually we had to use spoons. I'm the one cooking here and that's why we're using our fingers.

I've been truly blessed to have such a wonderful mom. I hope I can be more like her. I'm trying my best to learn!


1 comment:

  1. First of all I sat mom down and she read this... She cried reading most of it and laughed right out loud at the picture of you two with funny looks on your faces. I wish I would have videoed her reactions, they were great. Second we really do have a fabulous mom!!! I love that picture of her as a little girl, what a cute mom we have!

    ReplyDelete