Labels
June 27, 2010
A Dear Friend
Last Monday a good friend and colleague of mine passed away. I will miss him. I don't think there were many conversations that I had with Terry that we didn't share laughter. He made work just a little bit more fun. We enjoyed giving each other a hard time some of those are found here and here. It'll be an adjustment for me not to see him in his office or at the lunch table. You see it's Monday tomorrow and it never failed that on Monday when I sat down to eat lunch Terri would start our conversation with, "How was your weekend? Do anything fun?" I'd tell him what I did and then ask him about his. I am grateful that I work with wonderful people. I'm grateful I had the chance to know Terry and to work with him. The fact that he made a difference in the lives of all those who he interacted with was evident at his memorial service as the church was filled to capacity with family, friends, colleagues, past students, and current students. The world is a better place because of him and all of us who knew him will miss him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I was thinking of you today at lunch. Love you and hope you have a good day!
ReplyDelete