I love the Sun!! It was quite rejuvenating to get some extra vitamin D in March. On my second day in AZ Jonathan, Lilly and I headed to the Ostrich festival. It was something else!!! I would say I'd plan my visits around this every year but there is March Madness to consider and that is a story to tell on a different day.
Lilly and I were really excited for the races to begin!!
Here we are headed to find us an ostrich burger. It wasn't anything to write home about but I can now say I've eaten something I'd never tried before.
Lilly got a pony ride and I'm seriously considering investing in one of these so I can see that look of pleasure on her face every time she comes to Utah to visit me. Maybe I'll just try really hard to make friends with some people that have a pony - I think that would work perfectly for all involved!
We walked around the little petting zoo. I have no desire to pet farm animals unless I'm on a farm but it's great fun for the millions of kids. Plus the festival was making a fortune off of selling feed to all the parents to give to the millions of kids. I think much more ended up on the ground than ever ended up getting fed to the animals. I heard a lady say that at night they let all the animals out of their pens to eat everything off the floor. What they should have done was sweep up all the food scattered on the floor and resell it the next day.



On our way out we passed a booth selling these. Lilly was tired and ready for a nap and I said, "Ooo look over there! Lilly do you want wings." Of course she did and I'm pretty sure I got a steal of a deal. Look how stinkin cute these are!! Should have gotten the lady's name and number who makes them.
No comments:
Post a Comment