I was looking back on my pictures and thought - this has been a long week... I feel like Monday's picture was taken three weeks ago not just a few days. Time can be a very funny thing...
Monday
I had a good day at work for it being a Monday. My students behaved well for the substitute which is really no surprise they are a wonderful bunch of kids. It also didn't hurt that my sub was the 6th grade teacher who is off track. I found the notes he left on my plans quite humorous. Monday nights are not all that exciting -obviously if my picture is me folding laundry and listening to Harry Potter. I should have been reading for my graduate class but I'll do just about anything to avoid doing homework so the result was piles of clean clothes.
Tuesday
I really wasn't excited about going to class today. I'm glad I have classes on Tuesdays because I get them done with early in the week but I still don't look forward to them. So to get myself a little bit more enthused I stopped by the grocery store on my way to class and bought myself a treat. My mom loved these growing up and I enjoy them as well. They were a great little treat that got me through the evening. When class was through and I was leaving I thought - you know it didn't seem near as long as it did that first night. Which is true. I guess with each class subconsciously I know there is one less class and I am closer to May and graduating. On an interesting note - I volunteered to video tape my students explaining why we need common denominators to compare and add and subtract fractions. I taped them on Wednesday and mailed it to my professor. I am really hoping it will make our discussion next Tuesday a little more enjoyable. Really I don't know how we discuss the same little thing for two and a half hours. And my students are so cute they are very concerned that I get an A on my assignment. I told them it wasn't something that would be graded but maybe it would help me get an A in the class.
Wednesday
I was so excited that it was Wednesday because Michelle had invited me over for dinner. We hadn't seen each other in a little while so it was fun to get together. I took the rest of my cookies to share for dessert. Her little guys loved them and sweet little Carson - in red - while eating his pulled out the chocolate layer and said, "Look Mom it's his spirit!" Love it!! Yep our spirits are inside our bodies so it would only make sense. I don't think I'll ever eat and E.L. Fudge cookie again without thinking of that.
Michelle and I also watched The Unsinkable Molly Brown once her kids were in bed. It's a movie we both watched as kids and loved and it was fun to enjoy it again together. Not one I need to watch often but maybe every ten years or so. I do love Debbie Reynolds!
Thursday
You don't get to see my Thursday picture because I took it of one of my students and myself. I was helping to teach an in-service after school and I needed some pictures on my school camera. This student came to my desk for some help and I said, "let's take a picture of us." It turned out cute so I told her I'd make it my "picture of the day." I love the students I get to spend my life with! It makes me so happy and everyday so very enjoyable!!
Friday
After work on Friday I went to the district's Story Weaver's festival to see three students from our school perform. You would not believe the talent some of these young children have! It was very enjoyable to see them retell familiar stories and us such great expression! Then I decided I'd grab a pizza for dinner and a movie to watch while I ate. I rented Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It was OK. I loved the first 5 minutes because he's a science nerd and it reminded me of the cute kids in my class.
Saturday
I have a confession to make - I HATE grading papers!! If there is one downside to my job this is it! I'll procrastinate it as long as I possibly can and then the pile is huge! Well- I can't put it off any longer because we have parent teacher conferences in a week and a half which means report cards have to be completed. So I dedicated my entire Saturday to getting this done. I am quite proud of myself and would like to report that I got more done than I expected. Now I only have a few things more to grade before I do report cards. I didn't hardly move from this position on the couch - I listened to BYU lose (What in the world was wrong with all of them?? I was glad I didn't get the game on T.V. because I don't think I could have stood to watch it. However, with that said I am still a huge BYU fan and will still watch every game I can.), I finished listening to Harry Potter #7 (I love that book and find the conclusion just as satisfying as I did the first time I read the book. I have now read the book twice and listened to it in it's entirety twice. I know, I know I need to branch out but remember that this time it was for a student.), and we watched a movie (Tricia and Preston joined me in the evening and we had an evening full of grading papers. It's exciting around my house I know!)
Sunday
Today has been an enjoyable day. We had a wonderful Fast and Testimony meeting in my ward. Probably one of the best that I've been in for quite a while and I loved it. Our Bishop began with his testimony and mentioned that places like Sacrament meeting are the only places we can go and say our heart is truly full. I love it when you leave a meeting and you do feel that fullness. It is a wonderful feeling. We also went to a fireside this evening and it was a great way to end the day.
Can't say I envy all those papers--blech! Good thing you had company to help you get it all done. That could definitely be one chore you wallow in if you don't have help!
ReplyDelete