Labels

December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving and a Race

I spent Thanksgiving this year with my roommate Tricia and her family. I decided that I didn't want to go anywhere for the short holiday and they were nice enough to take me in. When the weather was so nasty I was happy I'd made the choice to stay put. 


 I made a pecan pie to contribute to the festivities - I still have a lot of work to do in the perfect pie department but this one turned out pretty good. The filling was great but I didn't like the crust. Still this didn't stop me from eating way too much of it!


Some friends and I decided to run a 5k on Thanksgiving morning. It benefitted the Utah food bank - definitely a great cause with the bonus that it got me out of bed early and I worked off all the calories I'd eat later in the day  It was about 10 degrees and I was wondering what I'd gotten myself into but it turned out to be really fun. This is Kerri, Brett, and I before the race began huddled in the huge crowd. 


 Tricia's whole family participated in the race as well. We had to get a picture of us by the turkey.



This really was a fun way to begin Thanksgiving day and I think I'll be looking for a race to run on this day from now on!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun!! I've started running again and love it. I don't love running with Orrin (the stroller is tricky but I might like a running stroller). We want to see you before we go in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete