After Lion King we headed off to dinner. We didn't go anywhere special just TGI Friday were everything was 6 dollars more expensive than it would anywhere but Time Square. Then we had about an hour before we needed to walk a few blocks to the Gershwin Theatre to watch Wicked.
This is a much happier picture than the last one we took outside of the Gershwin. I never blogged about this part of our trip last June for a couple of reasons - the biggest being I deleted a bunch of pictures on accident and I was trying to forget about it. The short version of the story is Tricia and I thought we had tickets to see Wicked on Saturday night when in reality it was Friday. We discovered our mistake on Saturday morning which meant of course that we'd missed our chance to see it. We bought tickets to an off broadway show which we both really enjoyed. But for the last 6 months we've been looking for the opportunity to see Wicked to make it up to ourselves. We found cheap airfare, bought tickets, and booked a hotel in Manhattan's Theater District. Mainly to see this show as well as celebrate our 30th birthdays. I was so excited to finally get to see the play I'd heard SO many good things about!
This is a smaller version of part of the set of course we had to get our picture by it.
Tricia and I both had huge smiles when it started to settle in that we were really going to get to see this fabulous play!
After the play... the signs above the doors made me smile! This play was more than I had hoped for. I loved it just as I loved Lion King but for different reasons. I loved that I knew basically nothing about the story line and it unfolded before me. I loved the music. Live on Broadway really is a neat experience. I loved the sets. I loved sitting and taking it all in. So much fun!
And of course it should be said that I'd give this play and experience two strong thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment