Labels

February 8, 2010

Really???

Sometimes I really love being 29 and single...

I love that I have been blessed to have a profession that is not only fulfilling but doesn't even feel like work.

I love that I get to spend some of my money on frivolous things and I don't feel guilty about it or have to answer to anyone but myself.

I love that I get to travel.

I love that I'm the fun single aunt.

I love staying up late and sleeping in late on Saturdays and Sundays. (No human alarm clocks thank you very much!)

However, there are times when I think all this fun comes at a price...

Tonight for Home Evening our activity was speed dating with another ward. I didn't want to go.

Really is this supposed to be fun?? Is this what Home Evening is supposed to be like?? The answer to both those questions is "Yes" if your 29 and still single this type of activity is supposed to be exciting or maybe a final attempt at meeting "the one."

On nights like tonight (as well as numerous other occasions) I think I'd trade in all those things I love about being single for a husband and my own little human alarm clock. I'd trade in speed dating without a second thought.

Now - I have to be fair and honest... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was glad that I went and I enjoyed chatting with the guys that rotated past me. It's surprising that you can get a feel for people in four minutes. Would I say I'd do this type of thing every week - probably not but once a year around Valentine's day - sure. Oh and I actually took a picture of me talking to one of the nice gentlemen but I promised I wouldn't post it online so you get one of just me. Notice how there are way more girls than guys... I thought it was funny. So typically it's hard to even date when your speed dating... What is that all about?!?

2 comments:

  1. that sounds painful! but i'm glad you were a good sport about it. i loved my single life and bobby came along just when i wasn't expecting it, so don't worry...enjoy all those things you love about being single and *poof* all of a sudden you'll be married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia!! I love you!!! I want to hear more about these interesting guys you talked to. Any potential real dates?

    ReplyDelete