Yes - I am one of those people - I love Harry Potter. A few months ago my friend Raegan and I decided to celebrate the genre of fantasy with a Harry Potter week. We've been excited about this week ever since. We were not disappointed.
How cool are these Luna Lovegood glasses? The best thing about them is they are great sunglasses. Don't be surprised if you see me wearing them this summer!Tricia joined in our fun and had her own Harry Potter week with her class. Raegan and I were probably more concerned with what we were wearing everyday than what we had planned with our kids. And as you can tell we had some pretty great Potter stuff to wear!
On Monday morning we sorted our students into houses we called them each up sat them on a stool and put a sorting hat on their heads - it was great! At the end of the day my kids learned the "Hogwart's school song" as found in the first book. Then we sang it to Raegan's third graders.
On Tuesday we wore house ties - which I have a picture of but it's at school. Our student's made wands and they turned out super cute and very cool! Then we had them write about them and we got back together at the end of the day and had the principal whom we called Professor Dumbledore most of the week and our janitor whom we called Hagrid come and inspect their wands as the students shared with each other what spells their wands could cast.
On Wednesday we sent the students on a Horcrux hunt. They had to solve a problem and then go and find the clue that was placed around the school. I think they had a lot of fun. At the end of the day my student's taught the younger students the school song.
Thursday we played Quiditch - which was possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen and played a game of Pottergy (Jeopardy all about Harry Potter).
Then Raegan and I met Tricia for dinner and headed to an advanced showing of Harry Potter 7 part 1. I have to say that out of all the movies this one followed the book the closest. I was glad we were leaving the theater at midnight instead of just going in. Unfortunately, today I came down with a horrible cold - didn't I just get over one of these? Honestly!
Friday we met together the last 1/2 hour of school to count house gems that the student's had earned throughout the week. I have been knitting this Harry Potter scarf for about three months. I was supposed to be making two but I'm a bit of a procrastinator. So I started to crochet one because I'm faster at crocheting. It was obviously that I wasn't going to get them done in time. Then Kris our fabulous librarian who taught me how to knit took both scarves home and finished them. She is a hero of mine and someday I want to be just like her!
Oh and don't you just love my Ron Quiditch Keeper hat? It's pretty great! And I know what you're all thinking you'd like to be in my class and it's true we have a pretty great time!!
SO much fun Olivia! Your scarves turned out wonderfully... you better give me some lessons. I really want to learn. And I totally forgot to respond about dinner after Thanksgiving. I was thinking I'd ask Tyrel and then forgot to say anything about it. My family is supposed to celebrate my Dad's birthday the Sunday after Thanksgiving but we could do it the next week... does that work? have fun at the game today!!!
ReplyDeleteWhoa :)
ReplyDeleteAll I have to say is that I wish I was in your class!! The Luna Lovegood glasses and the Ron Quidditch hat were my favorite pieces of attire! You are also going to have to teach me how to play quidditch though!!
ReplyDeleteI am with Marianna I love the hat. You are such a fun teacher! I hope you recorded some of the fun from the week, I want to see it.
ReplyDeleteYou live a fantastically fabulous life! So call me this week and we can get together now that you are out of school.:)
ReplyDelete