On Tuesday I turned 30! I'm not thinking about this too much because if I do I might start to feel old and really I'm not old I've really just begun to live!
Darlene and Annette provided me with birthday cake at lunch. They are so sweet and made me feel so special. I love going to work each day because of the wonderful people who enrich my life with their personalities. I've learned so much from these women and I'm thankful I get to call them my friends.
When I got to work this is what I found - my sweet roommate had gotten to my room way too early in the morning and along with my friend Raegan had decorated. A while ago Tricia and I had been in a party store and saw these huge balloons. I commented that if I got those for my birthday I'd giggle like a little girl. These balloons made me happy all day every time I looked at them and they have continued making me happy because they're still floating in our kitchen. Now the secret is out to make me happy give me a bag of buttons and a helium balloon. I'm not to hard to please.
This picture is really great because I had Liz, Gracee, and Emme, on the webcam watching and helping me blow out my candles. When it was all over the little girls were really sad that they didn't get to eat any cake. Liz said Emme woke up the next morning and was still really upset that she didn't get any. So in the future maybe showing them cake they don't get to eat isn't such a good idea.
Brett and Haley enjoying some cake.
I pulled out my camera a little too late and Kendall had already finished his cake but he was a good friend to take a picture with me anyway.
And of course I had to get a picture of my stellar balloons with Tricia!
And yes this is what the storm of the century brought to us. Funny because we are currently getting a lot of snow. Now if it would blow for a week we'd get a taste of a real blizzard!
It was a wonderful day and I was reminded once again that I have some pretty wonderful friends that make my life very fun. Thank you to every one who remembered me on my "special day" and made feel like the most loved person in the world!
Happy late birthday!
ReplyDelete