Today I'm thankful for: #1- People who care. I said yesterday that I'm so thankful for the wonderful parents of the kids I teach and it's true they are wonderful but I also wanted to write about the many parents who expressed there love to me as a person as we visited. One couple whom I taught their son a few years ago sat down and looked at me and before I could start talking about their daughter's report card said, "First off, we want you to know how very sorry we were to hear about your dad." I appreciated them and love teaching their daughter. I'm also thankful for the fact that all 30 of my student's parents came on time to their appointments. Oh how that makes my life easier. No rescheduling or running behind. Wonderful!
#2- The school book fair. Our PTA gives us twenty dollars to spend at the book fair to say thanks for all we do. I love to pick out a few new fun books. It always makes me so happy. Besides I feel really appreciated.
#3- A relatively quiet night. Tonight I got home and just hung out with Tricia for a while and then we went to a birthday party for one of my friends for just a few minutes. Then we came home and both went to sleep early. I love a Friday night like this every once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment