Today I'm thankful for: #1- An early Monday. I met Raegan early to get the last touches of our Harry Potter week in place. This included: Leaving a huge poster of Snape in Steve's office with a note saying Dumbledore had been replaced as headmaster. A Maunder's map declaring that "we solemnly swear we are up to no good." And a list of magical activities that will take place this week inviting him to any he'd like to attend. We also left a Belatrix poster in Brian's office with a t-shirt telling him we appreciate him being the keeper of keys and magical creatures at Hogwarts.
#2- My cute kids who were so excited about this week. I'm so excited which is why I agree to go to all this work. Our first item of business was to be sorted. They sat on my stool and I placed the sorting hat on the head and the cd shouted what house they belonged to. Some of them acted like they thought it was so silly but they really wanted to put that hat on and find out where they'd be. I loved it.
#3- The cool banners and snitches my kids are making. I have my students make their own house banners and these kids did an amazing job and then they fold paper snitches that we will bewitch the 3rd grader's ceiling with tomorrow afternoon. So much fun.
#4- The very cool Harry Potter shirts we bought for the kids to wear. I picked up 60 very cool shirts and I'm so excited to pass them out to the kids tomorrow and see them wear them. It's going to be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment