Labels

November 6, 2011

Smart Cookies


Today I'm thankful for: #1- Fast Sunday. Each month on the first Sunday of the month I fast which means I don't eat or drink for two meals. I also accompany this with sincere prayer. This month Tricia, Kerri, and I decided to join together with our family and fast and pray that we could get a few more dates around here. With all of us facing another birthday it's time to get serious about our situation.
During fast and testimony meeting I wrote the following in my new journal Raegan and Annette gave me. I didn't think it'd be a good idea to bear my testimony since I'd loose it and just start crying so I wrote my testimony and my thoughts.
2 Timothy 4:7 'I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.'
This is the desire of my heart to be able to say like Paul that I have fought the fight and have kept the faith.'
The Sunday School lesson today was about staying on course by seeking to learn and teach true doctrine, be an example of the believers, and to seek after righteousness. This is what I want.
-In Sacrament meeting Bishop Burrow asked the question: Do we realize what we have? as he bore his testimony. I have been thinking a lot about this the past 2 1/2 weeks since my dad passes away. I know that the only way I could face this tragedy is because of what I have. I have a firm testimony that this life is not the end. We lived before we came to this life and we will live together as families when this life is over. It is really what life is all about: being tried and tested and found worthy to live with God again. Without the gospel perspective where would that leave me? It would leave me mad, questioning why, and not knowing where peace in life can be found. But because of what I know I can face heartache, fear, and tragedy with faith and courage knowing that my Savior knows how to comfort me. That all trails have an end. That heartache can be soothed by the spirit and through of the Atonement of Christ. I know I am who I am because of the gospel. I know that in times of trial my testimony will keep me safe it will lead me through all hard things I'm so thankful for what I know because without it I would be lost.

#2- C.E.S. Fireside. Boyd K. Packer spoke for this months devotional about Truths Most Worth Knowing. I love to listen to the prophets and apostles speak. Their words always bring an added measure of focus on what matters most and what I need to be doing in my life.

#3- Smart Cookies- Tricia's mom bought these bits of yummy goodness for us for dessert. They are from a store called Smart Cookies and it's a good thing I don't pass this place on the way home from work because I'd stop and get one everyday after work and weigh a ton. Love sugar cookies!!

1 comment:

  1. This picture made me giggle. Maybe I should be one of your sixth graders, because I looked at those pumpkin cookies, and all I could see were a couple of bum cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete