Labels
June 16, 2011
Everybody needs a cookie every now and then
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The art project that I've got my students working on. We study a variety of artists and then they do a replica of that artists work. I've shared several artists with them and have them doing projects. I also had them choose partners and choose an artist to study. They researched their artist and then made a powerpoint about the artist as well as their own project replicating their work. I'm pretty impressed with what they've come up with and may I just say when we put it all together in a book it is going to be pretty fun! One pair of students even e-mailed their artist and got a reply back today. They were so excited and I thought this is why teaching is so fun. #2 - Chocolate chip cookies. I'm pretty sure these are my all time favorite cookie. I love them and they always sound yummy to me. I decided tonight to make some to share with some people at work tomorrow. I can hardly wait. #3 - The love of family, modern medicine, and prayer. My mom called me about 9:30 to tell me Grandpa was in the hospital. I guess he was dizzy or something. She was on her way there and just wanted me to know what was going on. I love this man who is the head of our family. He is so dear to my heart. I'm thankful that we live in a day where hospitals exist and where we can go to get help when we need it. I'm also so thankful for prayer and for the blessing it is to know that even though I don't live close and I can't offer him comfort my Father in Heaven can comfort him for me. I don't exactly know how prayer works but I know that it does and it is a power for good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment