Labels
June 14, 2011
Girls Night
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - My adorable class who were happy to see me today and whom I was delighted to see. I'm bracing myself for the end of the year. I remember having a conversation with my mission president it was one of the times I was at the mission home when missionaries were departing to go home, it could have even been when I was heading home. I can't remember, but I remember him saying, "Life is full of hellos and goodbyes." He then said to me, "In my life every year I've said goodbye to wonderful Seniors finished and hello to freshman who have just begun." He finished with, "It's all very bittersweet." Around June I think about that. I think about the goodbye I'll say in a few short weeks and the hello I'll say the end of July. What is interesting is life is so bittersweet and I dare say more sweet than bitter. When I say goodbye to these kids it's not as if I feel that they leave a hole in my heart. What actually happens is they stay in my heart and somehow the space in my heart gets bigger to make room for the next group I'll say hello to. It's hard to understand unless you experience it. I do love these kids dearly and honestly I wouldn't mind keeping any of them. I was happy to see them today. #2- Flowers. One of my students brought me a pot of beautiful flowers after school today with her mom. They wanted to thank me for the wonderful year they've had this year. I should be giving them flowers for my wonderful year. I'm excited to hang them up in the yard. #3- A girls' night out. It was Maurianne's birthday on Saturday so Alisha, Maurianne, and I got together tonight to watch a movie and enjoy each other's company. I love both these girls and feel so lucky to have them as friends. We always have such a delightful time laughing with each other. So much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the girls' night! It was a lot of fun. :)
ReplyDelete