Labels

June 2, 2011

Just Over the Brooklyn Bridge


Today I'm thankful for: 




#1 The Statue of Liberty. It was fun to walk around her with Liz. Lady Liberty is something everyone should see at least once in their life. We were really glad we'd woken up early because when we were getting off the ferry the line was so long! I would have hated to have been in it.


#2 - The Subway. It makes travel in NYC so simple. For the most part Liz and I were able to get on and off at the right place going the right direction. We had a little trouble when it came to getting to the airport but we got there eventually. Good thing we'd left in plenty of time. 



#3 - Pizza in Brooklyn. This may have been my favorite thing we did. The pizza was delicious and I loved that we'd walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to find this very authentic little place. Thanks Maurianne for the suggestion. It's so much fun to enjoy food in different places.


#4 - A historic landmark. The Brooklyn Bridge is pretty cool. Hard to imagine what this big city looked like when it was first being built. I think this is my favorite shot from the trip. I had so much fun with Liz and can't wait for the next trip we'll take together. After the bridge we headed back to our hotel. Since we had just a couple of hours before we needed to head to the airport we walked through some shops in the garment district and both ended up buying some fabric. Liz is going to make skirts for the girls and I'll have to get mom to make one for me. Our plane ride home seemed pretty short since we were both so exhausted. What an incredible fun filled quick trip. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment