Labels

June 27, 2011

Slurpees, 7-Eleven, and Reading

Today I'm thankful for: #1- Little angels who went to work with me. Gracee and Emme got to come to work with me this morning. They were so excited to ride in my new car and to go to my classroom. We welcomed the kids into the room and they thought the girls were so cute. Then my class got started on art projects and Gracee and Emme joined in. Painting and loving every minute. Some of my students needed to do a representation of Jackson Pollock's paintings. He is famous for splatter painting. (Normally this would be scary for a teacher, but I love it!) We roll marbles in paint and then roll them around in a box. Emme said, "I want to paint with the marbles!" So of course I gave her her own piece of white paper and box and she was delighted. - I love paint!! And I love to watch kids paint! I'm pretty sure Emme and I will be painting like this again soon. When Liz came to get them Emme said, "But I don't want to go with my mom I want to stay here with you and have more fun! I'm pretty sure she thinks everyday must be a blast! I'll have to tell her we don't paint with marbles everyday. #2-Helping when it's not required or especially when it's not required. Today was the annual Slurpee walk. In the beginning of the year teachers set reading goals for their class. If the student meets the goal they get to walk with the principal the last week of school to the local 7-Eleven and the school buys them a Slurpee. I volunteer to go because most if not all of my students qualify to go and while it'd be nice to have a couple of hours of free time I'm more than happy to go along. The kids are all pretty excited and it's fun to watch - plus I always get a free drink as well. My picture for the day is me with a few of my students enjoying our Slurpees. #3- Tricia and Preston who came along to the Apple store with me. The store didn't have the part I needed but they did tighten the screws on my laptop. I guess that's worth the trip. We also went to home evening and watched a couple of shows before calling it a night. It's been a great day but I'm exhausted!
*There is no picture with this post because the picture for this day has students in it so you'll have to read my book later to get to see this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment