Labels

June 8, 2011

Texas Roadhouse


Today I'm thankful for: #1-3 - Friends. I know I usually choose three things to be thankful for and I do have at least three but today the title of friends fits all that I'm thankful for. This morning I slept in just a bit I only have a few more days of vacation left right? After the morning routine and I was dressed and ready for the day I met Maurianne and Alisha for lunch. Service in the church brings many blessings one of which is lasting friendships. These girls that I served in a Relief Society presidency with are wonderful friends. We have so much fun chatting and sharing the "what's new in life?" details. Every time we get together we tell each other we need to see each other more often. Then I spent the afternoon catching up on my blog - It's true I was behind but after today I'm all but caught up. I enjoyed the afternoon just listening to music and typing. Then Quade picked me up for dinner. He knows I love Texas Roadhouse so he takes me there often when we go out to eat. A few things that I love about eating out with Quade - he never makes me feel like I should order the cheapest thing on the menu. Tonight I even tried a cherry limeade - not my favorite but it came in a really cool glass. Quade is fun to visit with and I love chatting with an old friend about the things in life that keep us both busy. I'm lucky to have such a great cousin as a friend. Then lastly Kendall and I went to institute tonight. Kerri met us there and we enjoyed listening to John Bytheway. He talked about work ethic and why it is important to know how to work. He compared farms to cities and it was interesting. Then when Kendall brought me home he came in for a while to work on a puzzle we'd started before we left for institute. We soon discovered that this puzzle has pieces that fit together even though they don't go together. It just may take us forever to finish it. It is a bit ridiculous. My day was filled with friends whom I dearly love and appreciate having in my life. I'm so thankful for the blessing of their friendship!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for good friends! Lunch was so much fun, and of course it had to be Zupas! It's the best place.

    ReplyDelete