Labels
October 11, 2011
Cucumbers
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - School. I'm glad that I love my job and that on days like today when I feel grumpy all morning I still love what I do and can find plenty of things to be grateful for. I'm grateful for my kids who even when I loose patience with them they continue to love to be in my class. For my principal who'll drive his car down the street honking the horn so my students can hear the doppler effect. For the new P.E. equipment that we get to use and the kids are so excited about it and it makes me happy.
#2- Running. I came home and went for a 4 mile run. I love it! So weird to me but there's something about a good run that can balance everything else in life. This is good to remember when life seems way out of whack. It also helps that I listened to the Relief Society meeting while I ran. Such wonderful talks that inspire and uplift. I thought to myself today, "How can anyone hear these talks and not feel loved by the Lord and a renewed dedication to be just a little bit better?" I'm grateful for that gentle nudging to be more of the person that my Father in Heaven knows I can be.
#3- Relief Society meetings. We had our monthly relief society meeting tonight and I enjoyed being with other sisters in my ward. What a wonderful organization. Sometimes I don't really want to go to these meetings but I'm always glad when I get there. It's a blessing to belong to the largest women's organization in the world. I don't have to pay dues and I'm blessed by the influence of amazing sisters who are striving to do the same things as I am.
#4- The grocery store, an hour with my roommates, and a cucumber. Tricia and I ran to the grocery store when we got home. I was glad she let me tag along. I now have things to eat all week. When we got back home Kerri was just getting home and we enjoyed an hour of watching Biggest Loser. I'm so glad I don't live a lone and I have wonderful roommates to talk and laugh with. We have a great time. They're such a blessing. I ate a treat of a yummy cucumber while we watched the show. I'm pretty sure cucumbers are my favorite vegetables. These slices of goodness made me very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment