Labels
October 7, 2011
Sister Barker
Today I'm thankful for: #1- Fridays. I am always so happy when the week is over. It's just nice to have a change in pace.
#2- Another BYU Football Fireside. Tonight Tricia and I decided to go to the BYU football fireside before they play tomorrow. Tonight is was being held in Springville. Tricia had to do flowers at a wedding so I met her in American Fork so we could drive the rest of the way together. The fireside was wonderful and I was so happy we'd made the trip down. Traffic was bad and it was raining but it was worth it. I think we should have more firesides where we are able to hear each others' testimonies and stories. I am strengthened by these young men's stories and determination to do good.
#3- Sister Barker. When I went to leave for the fireside I called Sister Barker. I had meant to call her all week to see if she wanted to go to the fireside with me. Every time I thought about it it wasn't a good time and then all of a sudden it was Friday and time to go to the fireside. I thought well maybe she won't want to go to the fireside but maybe I can stop by and visit her. When I called she told me she was going to be at the fireside and that she'd save Tricia and I a seat. After the fireside Sister Barker had us over for a little ice cream and a wonderful visit. I love this dear lady who is my mission grandma. My life has been so greatly blessed by wonderful examples and Sister Barker is one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I hope I can be like her some day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That Lady is amazing!!! She looks so super good in this picture! I miss her.
ReplyDelete