Labels

October 20, 2011

The Day After



Today I'm thankful for all those who love me. #1 - Kerri who stayed up incredibly late with me the night before so I didn't have to sit by myself. She usually goes to sleep at 9 and was up until midnight until I finally said we should go to sleep and then she got up way early and went to the store to buy me treats to eat on my drive home. She is so sweet and picked just the right things for me. Love you Kerri. You'll never know what your thoughtfulness means to me. So this is what I took my picture of the day of yummy crackers that to me represent how much a friend knows and cares about me.

#2 - Raegan who called and left a message on my phone. I was in the shower and missed her call. She said she'd looked up bereavement leave and that I was allowed 3 days then she said she had called the Draper Temple and had them put my name on the prayer roll. I've only had someone tell me they put my name on the temple prayer roll once before and much like that time this touched me deeply. Raegan will never know what that means to me as a friend as well as the strength knowing prayers were being said in my behalf gave me strength to face the upcoming week. What a dear friend!

#3 - Kris. I also missed a call from Kris when I got out of the shower. Kris is my wonderful friend at work. She is the school librarian who I dearly love. She called to tell me how much she loved me. That she'd been thinking about me. That she would gladly drive me to Idaho today so I didn't have to go by myself. By the time I finished listening to her message along with listening to Raegan's I was in tears. I was feeling so loved. More overwhelmed with love than anything else. Isn't that interesting what got me emotional was feeling everyone's love and concern for me and how I was taking this unexpected event in my life.

#4 - Sister Ludlow. I kept missing Sister Ludlow's phone call but finally we connected when I was in my car headed for home. What a sweet dear lady who is a second mother to me. I appreciated that she called as soon as she heard.

#5 - Quade. Another dear friend who called as soon as he heard. He told me he'd do anything I needed and I know he meant it. And I think this defines the value of a true friendship. Not just saying words but meaning them. Again I felt overwhelmed with other's love.

#6 - Nikkie who talked to me for over an hour while I drove. Nikkie and I just talked and my drive went quickly and was uneventful just like I like it.

#7 - Liz who also talked to me and made my drive short. Liz and I also talked and I gave her the assignment to start looking for good pictures of dad and her girls.

#8 - The people of Ashton, Idaho. When I got to my mom's house she wasn't home but was having her hair done. She had the appointment for weeks and figured she'd better keep it now that she'd be visiting and greeting so many people. I went over to the beauty parlor while she got finished up and then we came back to her house. From that time on there were several people who came by to offer their condolences. I don't think I realized that when there is a death how many people come by to tell you how sorry they are and offer their help and love. Again I was overwhelmed and so grateful to live in a small town filled with people who love and care for my mother.

#9 - Others. I also got a phone call from the Elder's quorum president in my ward offering his help if I needed it. Maurianne also called to make sure I was OK. I can't tell you how lucky I feel to be so blessed with wonderful friends. I also received texts from Alan Reynolds and my Bishop. I had an e-mail from Steve and again I felt overwhelmed with love and care. And it's just what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment