Today I'm thankful for: #1 - 5 a.m. Kerri and I woke up early to work out. She's usually up this early but today I joined her. I don't like to exercise but I love how I feel afterwards. I also love that I'm up for several hours before I have to head to work. I get so much done and I'm so much happier throughout the whole day. So I think I should try 5 a.m. much more often.
#2- My students. One in particular today who made me smile. Our first spelling word today was numeral. On Mondays the kids get a pretest and then they study their words all week and take another test on Friday. This little guy finished his test and then said to me, "I heard that word numeral and numbered my whole test in Roman numerals." Of course he did. So funny, I couldn't number anything in Roman numerals greater than 10 but I'm sure his test was numbered perfectly. I love these kids!!

#3- Nikkie and family. Nikkie and Tommy and the boys came to my school after school was out and spent the rest of the evening with me. The boys played on the playground and I'm pretty sure Tommy wanted to stay longer playing on it. He thought it was a pretty cool place. Then we came home to my house and we made tacos for dinner. Then we had a little cake for Zak for his birthday that was yesterday. I just love this little family and it was fun to hang out with my best friend even if it was just for a couple of hours. I also love to have kids over because we let them do whatever they'd like at our house. I think it might be a house rule. I took out some bubble wrap and the boys stomped around on the floor and I loved it. What kid didn't want to pop bubble wrap - I still find it quite fun. Connor and I read a few books and then it was time for them to head to their hotel so they could get some sleep before their flight in the morning. So glad we got to spend the evening together.
That was quite a fun eve... Zak just looked at these pictures with me... he was screaming "LIV LIV LIV... he kept wanting me to scroll back to your picture and the cake made him laugh out loud... SO CUTE!
ReplyDelete