Labels

October 27, 2011

I'm Exhausted! But Home


Today I'm thankful for: #1- Sleeping in. I slept in so late this morning and then when I did get up I felt like I couldn't walk in a straight line for 20 min when I finally got fully awake. I didn't realize how exhausted I was. I was so glad I'd taken today off instead of trying to make it back to Utah yesterday. 

#2- A few more hours together. We spent the morning and afternoon cleaning and visiting. I think we all felt like we didn't want our togetherness time to end but at the same time we wanted to get ourselves back home where we could start to feel a sense of normal. And then at the same time my heart aches for my mom who will never feel her normal again in this life but will find a new normal. I guess that's life though always lots of change. 

#3- A safe trip home with company. Liz, Gracee, and Emme rode to my house with me and I was happy to have them with me. It's so nice not to have to drive all by myself. 

#4- Friends who are my second family. When I got home my roommates had put sympathy cards I'd received in the mail on every stair going up to my room and a couple of wrapped gifts at the top of the stairs. One from them and Preston and one from Tricia's parents. They gave me a beautiful picture of the Idaho Falls temple and Rick and Kris gave a Willow Tree figure. What a welcome home. I just love these girls and am so happy to be back home. I was so exhausted and sweet Tricia slept on the couch so I could sleep in her bed with the little girls on an air mattress in her bedroom so Liz and Ruffin could sleep in my room. Really I live with the kindest sweetest people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment