Labels

October 14, 2011

Delightful


Today I'm thankful for: #1- Plans with friends. Fridays I'm always so tired when I get through with work. Most of the time I just want to go home and go to sleep early. Usually I just sit around in exhaustion. Tonight Tricia and I had plans with some friends to go out to dinner. We decided to try out The Blue Lemon down town. I had never heard of this place. But I loved it. 

#2- Good food and conversation. My food was delicious and what was even better than the food was the company. Quade came with his friend as well as a couple of friends from the ward and Tricia's cousin. Usually when I go out to dinner we eat quickly and then are on to our next activity. Tonight we just sat and talked just enjoyed each other for over an hour. 

#3- Dessert. We sat and visited so long that we all felt like dessert. So we headed over to a delightful little bakery that Maurianne has taken me to a few times. I had a delicious raspberry tart. SO good! Everyone enjoyed trying each others yummy treats. Quite possibly my favorite part of the dessert experience was Quade going up to pay and we all waited back at the table. He came back and said well I've had a new life experience. Evidently the man in front of him in line looked back at him and said, "Going home alone huh?" When he came back and told us this we all had a pretty good laugh. What is really bad is there isn't anything funny about the fact that the guy was serious and I find it so sad that "going home" with a variety of girls on any given night is normal in some people's worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment