Labels

October 28, 2011

Halloween

Today I'm thankful for: #1- A good distraction. Going back to work after a tragedy is never easy. I appreciate everyones love but a part of me doesn't want attention either. I think my kids were happy to see me. They were all super sweet. Gracee, Emme, and Lucie came to work with me all dressed up as little butterflies. We were quite the sight. Raegan had bought them Halloween pails filled with treasures so we started the day in her room "trick or treating" and they were so excited. My students thought it was great to have the girls spend the morning with us. The girls weren't interested in any of the boys and scared of half the girls because they had their faces all painted for Halloween. At 9 we had our school Halloween parade and I was so happy to have the little girls with me. It shifted the focus off me and my first day back to the adorable little girls I had with me.

#2- Lunch with Liz. Liz and I ran and got lunch with the girls and then ate it in my classroom while the room mom's cleaned up all the mess from our Halloween party. Such sweet ladies who took care of everything so I didn't have to worry about a thing! Right after school ended Liz and Ruffin took the girls and headed home and a stayed and got some work finished. I was pretty tired by the time it was all over and was so happy that today was a crazy day that I didn't have to do any planning for.

#3- Quade and BYU football. Quade offered to buy me dinner when I got back in town and I told him to come over on Friday and watch the game with us. I was watching T.V. when he got to my house and we sat down and visited for a bit and were watching a little T.V. and I fell asleep for a few minutes - didn't mean to I was just so tired. Then we ran to Costa Vida and picked up dinner and brought it back to our place to watch the game. By this time Kerri was home and we were ready for to watch the Cougs. Unfortunately they didn't pull it out but I guess you can't win them all and there were a few exciting plays and I still enjoy watching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment