
Today I'm thankful for #1 - The blessing of watching general conference. Haley and I enjoyed watching the Saturday morning session at home. Here are some of my favorites from this morning's session where: Kent F. Richards talked about coping with pain. He advised us to ask the question Does pain turn us to God or away from him? He also said Christ took on pain to understand us. He ended with the Lord sends us angels to help us when we're in pain. Quentin L. Cook talked about how L.D.S. women are incredible! He advised us to look to the women of the past who'll inspire us to keep the faith today. Then he taught that: Our women aren't incredible because they have no trials they're incredible because of the trials they endure. Then Elder Eyring ended the session talking about service. He said, "Everyone is happier when you can take care of self and then reach out to others." He advised, "Someone can't give a crust to the Lord without receiving a loaf in return." He challenged us to cease every opportunity to lift hands that hang down and strengthen the feeble knees. #2 - Attending general conference. My roommates and I had tickets and it is always so enjoyable to be in the conference center. We were a little late and the lines were so long and not moving fast at all. When we did get in and sat down I thought about the contrast of the anxiousness of people wanting to get in with the peace of the hymn that was being sung. The session was wonderful filled with a great spirit and so many great talks. During this session President Packer counseled that, "Sometimes we just need to "leave it alone!" Elder Richard J. Maynas talked about families and the eternities. He said, "Sheep lead lambs astray. When the sheep go astra the lambs will have to pay!" This talked made me think about my kids and how when their parents support and love them they are healthy and happy and successful. When they don't have that support it's a different story. Elder Oaks talked about desires. He said, "Righteous desires have to be deep, long term, permanent, lasting." After his talk I thought, "I need to work on my desires and making sure that I make the righteous lasting desires my top priority." #3 - The angel food cake I made to share at Sunday dinner tomorrow. I don't know what it is about making a yummy treat that makes me SO happy but it does!
No comments:
Post a Comment