Labels

April 15, 2011

Melted Cheese


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Fridays and the chance to catch up on the week with my students. We take time on Fridays to make sure assignments have been handed in and that the kids are ready to move on next week. Usually I have the same few kids that haven't turned everything in but this week we had a lot of stuff that needed to be finished so I let the kids work on it for about a half hour and then it was time for study hall and most of them still had things to finish. Today I'm grateful for a group of kids who work hard and get done with what they need to do. They are aware of their responsibilities and care about their school work. Even when they aren't all finished this makes me happy as a teacher because they are working hard and doing their best. #2 - Time with friends. Tricia and I took balloons to Kendall to wish him a Happy Birthday at a party at his house. We were pretty excited about the balloons - I think everyone should get a giant helium balloon for their birthday. I'm pretty sure I was more excited about the balloons than Kendall was. We didn't stay long because I had plans to meet Kerri and Brett to see a movie. It was a fun evening. #3 - a plate of melted cheese. I am my mother's daughter. Growing up this was a favorite bedtime snack for us. We'd love to have melted cheese. Usually Mom would melt cheese on a huge plate and we'd all have our own fork and eat away. Tonight I was hungry when I got home and decided that this really sounded good. I was surprised that it not only sounded good but really tasted good. I went to bed exhausted from the day but very happy.

3 comments:

  1. oliva. melted cheese? nasty! but i'm glad it makes you happy.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the melted cheese!! It makes me think of Grandma Clark every single time that I see it. I think that part of it's great taste is the memories that come with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle-you really should try it, it is yummy:)

    ReplyDelete