Labels
April 27, 2011
A True and Living Church
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The wonderful parent volunteer who comes into my room each week. I love her for all the help she's given me this year. I'm not the most organized but she's wonderful to do whatever little job I have for her and she keeps my calendar updated and all the books in alphabet order on my book shelves. Just little things that make my life easier. #2 - Good friends to carpool with. Maurianne and Marylynn met me at my house so we could ride to the conference center together to attend a meeting about the dissolving of University Stakes and the creation of Young Single Adult Stakes. #3 - A true and living church that is guided by revelation. The meeting tonight was wonderful. It's quite the things to be invited to attend a special meeting in the conference center. Those who spoke and gave us council delivered amazing messages. I'm so excited about this change. It will bring young single adults together in a close geographic area. We were counseled to seek to serve that it will build relationships and to rescue the one. It is so easy to get lost as a single adult and this change will help us find those who are lost and to bring them back. One of the members of the Seventies who talked (I'm not sure which speaker said this) talked about how this change has been brought about because of revelation. That it is the answer to prayers to help prevent a falling away of my generation. Into my mind came strongly the thought, "I'm so glad for revelation! I so thankful for a true church that is living that meets the needs of it's members in all generations." The doctrine of the church doesn't change - Christ is my Savior and is the only way back to Eternal life with my Father in Heaven - but the way the church and programs of the church can be reorganized to best meet the needs of the Saints. The reorganization really just helps with the ultimate goal of returning. Sister Beck spoke briefly and I was touched by her asking us to envision the unborn generations that are waiting to come to our righteous homes. Made me think about there being a pretty big purpose to life. Then Elder Ballard spoke. He challenge each of us to find and get to know one person who needs an invitation to come back to church by the end of the year.He touched on all the aspects of this change that others had gone over. He encouraged us to seek an Eternal companion and said, "When your 80 not much else will be more important than your family." I was touched by this because it made me think of my grandpa. It made me think of this book I'd just given him for his birthday which was meant to show him that one of his greatest accomplishments is his grandchildren. For a few years now I've thought: "If I never get married what will I do when I'm 80 and don't have grandchildren and great grandchildren to occupy my time and my love?" I hope I don't have to answer that question. I'm thankful for the blessing of feeling the spirit tonight and the quiet tender feelings that tell me that wonderful things will happen as single adults follow the counsel of loving church leaders who have been inspired by God. I am so blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment