Labels
April 18, 2011
Snow Shoeing Under the Full Moon... Well almost
Today I'm thankful for: #1- the assembly that taught my students that natural highs are so much better than getting a high off of something that will hurt their bodies. Basically the kids sang karaoke for 45 min. jumped around and had a great time. The gym was crazy! The kids had a great time but more importantly they got the message. I quizzed them when we got back to class and they all passed. I also gave them a treat for being so good at a crazy assembly. They had fun but behaved. Sometimes that is extremely hard to do! #2- Chicken lasagna. This is one of my new favorite meals. Kerri, Brett, Haley, Brandon, and I had a wonderful dinner. As Kerri, Brett, and I were getting the lasagna into the oven we decided we aren't going to know how to cook on our own. It's so much faster when three of us are making something. #3- Kerri has snow shoeing under the full moon on her bucket list. She has had this activity planned for weeks. Today it rained like crazy. Most of our group decided the rain and cloudy weather was too much and decided not to go. Brett, Kerri, Brian, and I decided we'd still go even if we couldn't actually see the moon. When we got to the trail head snow was coming down pretty good. We strapped head lamps on and started out. It was definitely a new experience for me. By the time we got to the falls it had stopped snowing and the sky had started to clear just a little bit. One of the best parts of the whole trip was sliding down the mountain a couple of times. Nothing like a bunch of adults sliding down snow on their backs. It was pretty great! The hike back was so much shorter than the hike there. I love how that works. We finally saw the full moon for about a half a second about 200 feet from the car. So technically we didn't snow shoe under a full moon but I think I'll count it. We ended the night at my place with some of Kerri's apple pie, hot chocolate, pita chips, and salsa. Late night but SO worth it. I kept thinking to myself how cool is my life that if I want to go snow shoeing in the dark I can and the mountains are so close and so beautiful. Then to add on top of that you add on that my life is full of such wonderful friends. It's a pretty great life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment