Labels
April 13, 2011
A Spring Storm
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - A fun activity for my students with their 3rd grade buddies. I love that they love to hang out with the third graders as much as they do. They are a great bunch of kids. #2 - Barf bag microbiology. This is as disgusting as it sounds and the kids love it. I have them pick a food source for yeast and then we seal it in a snack ziplock bag and see whose bag barfs first. One of my kids got his face right down next to it and said, "I want to be in the SPLASH zone!" Pretty much made my day and again I thought THIS is why I love my job! #3 - Cloudy skies and a strong cool breeze. Tonight I had a debate conference to attend with some of my students. We were there for a few hours - I was tired and wanted to be home. When I walked out their was huge dark rain clouds in the sky, accompanied by a strong breeze. The coolness felt so good. Oddly something about this weather made me so happy. I think in part it reminded me of many summer nights when a storm rolled into town and cooled the air. I love the smell of rain or the air just before and after a storm. Today I'm thankful for the storm. - (And maybe I'm thinking that I should be a bit more thankful for the storms of life because they help me to be stronger.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
in the splash zone? did they get it all over their face, gross!
ReplyDelete