Labels

April 30, 2011

A Little Snow Never Hurt Anyone



Today I'm thankful: #1 - that even though we woke up to a foot of snow Brett, Kerri, and I went for a run. We had to go a little bit shorter than I would have like because I had to go somewhere else by 9:15. The last time it snowed we headed to the gym instead of running but today we decided to hit the trail. It was beautiful. The snow hung heavy on the trees and I loved the run. #2 - A visit to the Barker's with the Ludlow's. President and Sister Ludlow picked me up and we drove to Springville to visit the Barker's. They had spent yesterday with them and I was glad my day permitted me to spend the afternoon with them. When we walked in Elder Barker was on the couch and when he saw me he said, "Olivia!" I was a little surprised that he recognized me so quickly and knew my name. Elder Blanchard was already there and a few minutes later Elder Thayne came. We sat and had a wonderful visit with him and Sister Barker as well as some of their sons and a daughter-in-law. What impressed me most was Elder Barker wanting to make sure we all knew how happy he was that we had come and that he loves all of us. I thought back on the many times I had been in their home. The many meals we shared on the mission. The evenings we'd stop by their apartment to say good night before we went to our own for the night. Elder and sister Barker will always be dearly loved by me because they are my mission grandparents and they loved me just like I was their granddaughter. Then there have been the numerous times they've invited me into their home for dinner. They've had me individually, with other missionaries (usually with Elder Blanchard and Thayne) and even the women's conference weekend that they were kind enough to let my mom, sister, and I stay with them. My family instantly fell in love with them just like I had that first time so many years ago. I dearly love both of them. As we left their house I was filled with gratitude for the plan our Heavenly Father has for us. He loves us and we will see our loved ones again. #3- Pizza with friends. President and Sister Ludlow took Elder Thayne along with their two granddaughters out to eat at the Brick Oven. I love pizza and this pizza is so yummy with homemade root beer it really doesn't get much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment