Labels
August 23, 2011
All things BYU
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Students whom I'm coming to know and love. Give me another week and three weeks off track and I'll just be adoring them. It always helps to get them trained in the routine and then take a break. Also, we're writing Bio Poems right now and every fall when we do this project I just get so happy because of what I learn about my students. It's so exciting to see them study and learn about famous people they admire. It's a lot of work and I feel like we get to know each other through the project.
#2 - An evening sporting event. Kerri, Tricia, Preston, and I headed to Provo to watch the women's soccer team play their first game against Utah. I just love all things BYU! There were so many people at the game that we ended up standing in the east field right behind the goal. During the second half it was BYU's goal and they ended up making all 4 of their points right in front of us. Pretty exciting. It's also fun to watch soccer with Preston and Tricia because they actually understand what's going on and analyze the players and the plays of the game. I on the other hand am just watching to see the ball sail into the goal. - I'm still learning when it comes to soccer.
#3 - Ice Cream and patience. After the game we decided we needed a little ice cream. We headed over to the Creamery and again there was a big line not wanting to wait we opted again for a half gallon. Since Preston was with us we bought bowls and an ice cream scoop that I'll now keep in my toolbox in my car for other nights like these. We all enjoyed some yummy Graham Canyon. Just as we were all finishing our ice cream I didn't get merged into a non exit lane and I ended up having to take a little detour through Pleasant Grove. Then I was back on the freeway and it was moving good. We were coming around the point of the mountain and hit more construction. This time they were funneling everyone down to one lane. It took forever to get through. We made the most of it by rocking out to some good music on Kerri's ipod. Kerri has quite the bag full of moves and she kept us entertained. I was happy when I finally parked my car and was home. The construction made us way later than we should have been. What do you do? Just welcome Wednesday with a smile I suppose!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment