Labels
August 13, 2011
Mac and Cheese
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - A ten mile run. Kerri and I completed our last run before our 1/2 marathon. I was so NOT looking forward to this. But I knew that once I started I'd be just fine. And really it went by pretty fast. I ran it in just about 2 hours. Feeling very good about that! And then the rest of the day I was felt just great. I'm very happy about that too.
#2 - Costco and the Sweet Tooth Fairy. Kerri, Tricia, and I headed to Costco to replenish the fruit in our fridge. It's going be a great week enjoying all the fresh fruit.
#3 - Little Lilly. I just adore all of my siblings' children. Lilly got to spend the evening and night with me. I don't know who was more excited Lilly or me. She'd smile at me and tell me that she loved me and I'd tell her I loved her too and was SO happy she got to come have a sleepover with me. We ate a cupcake and then went and bought a new shirt. Then we went to Walmart and bought things to put in the cute new backpack I bought for her. Then we headed to Noodles and Company for a little mac and cheese. We were really hungry and Lilly was having a great time. She'd take a bite look around ask me a question. Take another bite. At one point she said, "You have beautiful green eyes, Olivia." I told her thank you and that I thought her blue eyes were beautiful too. She said I have blue green eyes. Blue from my mom and green from my dad. I loved every minute of our dinner together. We got back in the car made one last quick stop to the dollar store to buy coloring books and then headed home. Lilly took a quick bath and then I painted her finger and toe nails with pretty glittery pink nail polish. Then we watched some of a movie while her nails dried and then it was time to go to sleep. She wanted her Bongo (little stuffed monkey she can't sleep without) and then she was soon sleeping soundly. I didn't go to sleep right that moment but a little later when I crawled into my bed to go to sleep I thought it was pretty cute to listen to her suck on her thumb. - She only sucks her thumb when she's asleep and even though she's getting bigger I still think it's adorable. I just love her so much and I'm so glad I got to spend some time with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment