Today I'm thankful for:
#1 - Being happy even though it is 6 a.m. and I'm about ready to run 13.1 miles. The air was nice and cool and I was excited to get going.
#2 - So much fun running in a race with friends. I enjoyed the run (which I never thought would be possible but it's true.) And I really enjoyed coming across the finish line and being done. Done with training and done with the race. However, I should sign up for another one so that I keep training and don't get out of shape. It's pretty cool to have accomplished something like this and I think what I find the most cool is it takes a lot of discipline, planning, and determination to be ready so that the race is fun. I also finished 7 minutes quicker than last year which I'm very happy about. This year I came in at 2 hours 27 minutes. Maybe next year I'll be in the teens.
Another fun race to put in the memory books!
And look at our new living room decorations. What do you do with something like this?? I've decided I'll let it hang here for a while and then send it to D.I.
#2 - Golfing. After Kerri and I got home and showered Preston called and we decided to go golfing. Kerri went with Deeds and Tricia and I met Preston. Bless Preston who was super patient and helped me with my golfing form. I think today was the second time I've ever golfed. Now I just need to go again soon to remember all I've learned and practice all of it.
#3 - A movie with Preston. Preston and I decided to enjoy Mr. Popper's Penguins at the dollar theater. It was more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Then we ate dinner at home. Tricia grilled us chicken and it was really yummy! We also enjoyed a little Burn Notice and Red Mango frozen Yogurt. All in all a really GOOD day!
No comments:
Post a Comment