Labels

August 10, 2011

Some of Life's Sweetest Blessings


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Annette. I couldn't teach school if I didn't get to work with great people. Honestly those who taught in one room school houses miles away from anyone to bounce ideas off of and help share the work load had it rough. Today as Annette and I had our kids out at P.E. I thought I'm so thankful to work with her. She's a good friend as well as an amazing teacher who is always ready to lend help and support anytime I need it.

#2 - Lunch then library. Wednesdays are delightful because I eat lunch (which I always enjoy) and then take my kids to library where I get to spend a few minutes visiting with one of my favorite people. I needed a lovely afternoon today.

#3 - Alisha and Maurianne. A couple of years ago the Lord called Alisha to be the president of my Relief Society. I knew who she was but honestly I don't think we'd ever talked. Maurianne and I have been friends since I moved to Utah (technically we became friends a couple of months after I had been living here but we'd e-mailed each other before we actually met. Long story short she is Annie's friend from way back and Annie gave me her e-mail to help me find a place to live. Little did we know we'd end up in the same ward and become great friends.) Anyway, neither Maurianne or I knew Alisha very well and Alisha didn't really know us but she was guided to call us as her counselors. We had a wonderful year serving in the Relief Society Presidency together. I love the both dearly. We decided to spend the evening together tonight. We met for a temple session it was great. The Celestial room was packed with more people than I've ever seen in one before. I'm pretty sure it's just like I envision heaven so many people hugging, smiling, and enjoying being together. We finished the night at Chili's eating chips and yummy dessert. We always have such a wonderful time together. I love visiting with them and am always so happy when we can finally get our schedules to coordinate. These are amazing women whom I feel privileged to know and to call friends. Through these girls I've discovered that church service brings some of life's sweetest blessings. Not just the service and growth at the time of the service but lasting friendships that strengthen you just when you need it the most.

1 comment:

  1. I love those random events that change our lives. I love the random connection we have with Annie, and did you know that Alisha's grandpa and my grandpa knew each other well? In fact, her grandpa spoke at my grandpa's funeral. I'm convinced we were all meant to be friends.

    ReplyDelete