Labels
August 11, 2011
Running
Today I'm thankful for: #1- the fun assembly of Italian dancers. Towards the end of the performance they had a bunch of kids and Steve participating in a dance then the line of dancers started to weave its way through the crowd of seated students. Along the way the lead Italian gentleman was grabbing teachers by the hand and having them join in. I was talking to Annette (lesson learned I should pay attention in assemblies) while we were standing in the back of the gym behind the 6th graders. I looked up an noticed too late that he was grabbing teacher's hands and pulling them into the line. There was no getting out of it. Annette did because he grabbed mine and not hers. On our way up to the front of the room with students screaming in such delight to see their teachers dancing I came to a realization. We as Americans missed the boat as far as traditional dancing goes. I also realized that I was having fun and wished that when I "went to a dance" I would have been taught some actual dances instead of the lame Jr. high stance - You all know what I'm talking about. As I was running the other day some people were having a little square dance get together and really I thought how much fun is that! Why is it my generation missed out on square dancing? And if square dancing seems a bit of a stretch because I'll admit it reminds me of a county fair, why did we miss out on the walz, the fox trot, or two step? I'm not talking about missing out on dancing because I wasn't coordinated enough to be on the drill team I'm talking about how much fun it would have been and still could be at dances if people still really knew how to dance. Maybe just maybe I'll find myself a partner and take some sort of class. Anyway, today I was thankful for the smile and laughter that joining in brought. Don't tell anyone at school cause they might think I'm weird but I thought it was lots of fun!
#2 - A short 3 mile run. I so did not want to run tonight. I was so happy we decided to only run 3 for today because it was blazing hot! I kept thinking the 1/2 marathon won't be this hot. Boy oh boy what was I thinking! Only one more week and a long 10 mile run on Saturday is what stands in the way of this being finished. You've got to wonder what I get myself into.
#3 - Balsamic chicken. This is a very yummy recipe. I love it and loved to have Tricia, Kerri, and Preston all here to share it with me. I do believe we all loved every bite! Makes me so happy on a couple of different levels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment