Labels

August 5, 2011

Dinner on the Rooftop


Today I'm thankful for: #1- Students that work so hard. Fridays are always whirlwind days full of tests and making sure everything has been turned in for the week. These kids work hard and do just what I ask them to do. I love being their teacher.

#2- Great conversation with Darlene. Darlene and I met after school and we laid out what units we'll be teaching in science for the year. I'm so happy to work with other dedicated teachers.

#3- Dinner with Preston on the rooftop. Such a pretty view and I loved my food. We ordered take out from the Olive Garden for dinner. I wanted some carbs before my big run tomorrow. I love that they give you a salad that could feed 3 people. By the time I've finished with the salad I can never eat very much of my entree.

 #4- Seeing a few friends at the Institute activity. I was glad I convinced Preston to come along. The YSA Summit had a Friday night activity and I signed up to volunteer on Saturday which meant I had to register which also meant I signed up for everything. I discovered something tonight. These activities were sort of fun but now I find very little fun about them. I'm ready to be 31 so I don't feel like I need to attend to be social. Only a few more months. We ran into Shawna Reynolds who was down her from Idaho to go to the Summit and Brian Lambson from my ward was also there and I think he was feeling the same as me about this activity - it used to be fun but not so much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment