Labels

August 6, 2011

A Hike to see Water


Today I'm thankful for: #1- A nine mile run at 6 a.m. I can't believe I ran that much and felt pretty great afterwards. I was so not excited to run this morning but once we got started I was feeling pretty good. I wasn't sore all day just starving. Every two hours the rest of the day Kerri and I would stop and have to feed ourselves.

#2 - Kerri who helped me dry my car after I'd given it a quick wash. When we got home I quickly washed my car, which was a good way to keep moving so I didn't stiffen up. Kerri was really sweet and helped me dry it so I got finished faster.

#3 - Serving at the Summit. Around 2 we went up to the Institute at the U. I volunteered by announcing one of the speakers. I was feeling pretty exhausted after the run and was wishing I hadn't volunteered but the class was good and I was glad I'd gone. The Nadaulds talked about deceptions in our world.

#4 Costco. After the class at the Summit was through we headed to Costco. I wanted some yummy fruit and Kerri and I enjoyed tons of samples which were good since we were starving again.

#5 French toast. We decided to make some French toast for dinner because we saw a loaf of bread at the store that looked perfect for french toast. We were pretty excited to go home and enjoy it.

#6 - A hike with Preston and Kerri. Preston invited Kerri and I to take a little hike with him. Again, I wanted to keep moving even though I was pretty tired. The hike wasn't bad pretty short and not too steep. And the waterfall at the end was beautiful. It was nice to just sit and listen to the water for a little while.

#7- Watching Tricia's soccer game. After our hike we all decided to go watch Tricia play her soccer game. They ended up winning and I had fun watching the game.

#8 - Milkshakes. On our way home we stopped at Culivar's for milkshakes. We'd wanted to get some earlier but ran out of time. This was my first Culivar's experience and my milkshake was pretty good so I don't think I'd mind going again.

#9- Going to sleep early for a Saturday night - SO exhausted. At about 10:15 I said, "I'm going to sleep." Preston said he was leaving since we were no fun since we were letting running ruin our lives. What can I say I couldn't stay awake a minute longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment