Labels

August 28, 2011

Ice Cream for Dessert


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - 12:30 church. I was so happy I could sleep in until 11:30. I probably could have made it to earlier meeting but I'm pretty happy I didn't have to drag myself out of my comfy bed until almost noon.

#2 - Dinner and ice cream for dessert. We went to Tricia's parents for dinner and as always had a delicious meal. Then we ate a little ice cream sandwiches for dessert. I loved ice cream sandwiches as a kid. Grandma or Aunt Carol always had a box in the freezer from the Swans man. We'd either eat an ice cream sandwich or a pushup. Today the ice cream sandwich reminded me of Sundays in the past - it made me happy.

#3 - Thunderstorms. I love a good thunderstorm and this storm was pretty great. I could have listened to it for a couple more hours. I know some people hate them but for me there is something wonderful about a flash of lightning and the loud clap of thunder.

No comments:

Post a Comment