Labels

September 27, 2011

A 3 Mile Run That Turned into 4



Today I'm thankful for: #1- My students.  Today when I asked one student about an assignment he said, "I've got really good news for you!" I replied with, "Or is it REALLY good news for you?" Implying that if it wasn't finished he was going to be in big trouble. (A little secret I don't think my students ever get in really big trouble. I usually give them another day. Life happens and sometimes assignments just don't get finished.) Anyway, my student said, "It's good news for both of us! My bio poem is completely typed up." It made me smile. I enjoy when they start to understand my personality and I enjoy getting to know theirs. Also, another favorite from the day was when we were walking over to P.E. after being at vehicle day. I had no idea what time it was so I asked a group of boys what time it was. To which one little guy said, "TIME for you to get a new watch!" followed by a big smile to me and to all his friends for such a great joke. Cracks me up! I smiled and said I don't need a new watch just a new battery. Yep! I've got a pretty great job.

#2- A quick visit. Tonight I stopped by and saw my dear friend Michelle really quickly. We haven't seen each other since June. Where did the summer go? I can't believe we hadn't seen each other in so long. We'll need to get together again soon and really catch up. I just love her and her little kids. So much fun and I'm always so excited that they're so excited to see me.

#3- A short run. Kerri and I went for a short run this evening. It was a bit late and we didn't want to go too far so we thought we'd do 3 miles. Well we felt like we ran forever and I thought I must be SO slow today. I'm usually slow but today it felt extra slow. When we got home Kerri clocked it and it was really just over 4 miles. That definitely made me feel much better about life.

#4- Strawberry Sundae Crunch. I've discovered a new favorite ice cream. It is just divine and I love it. It is especially delicious in milk. Now Kerri and I have two flavors we have to pick up when we're in Provo at the Creamery. Next time you're visiting me I'll let you have a taste. Pretty sure we'll have some in the freezer. Some things just need to be kept on hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment