Labels

September 9, 2011

The Movies and Ice Cream


Today I'm thankful for: #1- A fun filled Friday.  When Gracee got home from school I promised the girls I'd take them all swimming if they cleaned up. Gracee is quite the little helper and soon things were picked up. I didn't really want to go but Liz seemed really tired and fell asleep on the couch so we snuck out to give her time to really rest uninterrupted. The girls had a great time but I have to admit watching three little ones in a pool with a bunch of other kids is a chore. I kept checking that I could see all three and when I couldn't see Gracee I'd panick for half a second until I realized she was swimming under the water or she was by a friend and I'd just scanned over her. Keeping kids safe is a pretty big job. Lucie was hilarious and kept walking back and forth to me on the steps with her whole body submerged in the water. She thought it was the greatest trick ever.

#2- Dinner of tuna casserole. When we got home the girls got bathed and I took a shower while Liz made us a yummy dinner. Emme kept trying to bring pillows to the table I'm not sure why maybe because they were in their pjs or because she wanted to sit on one. Liz kept telling her to take them back to her room. Well it never got all the way back to her room and was left laying in the hallway. We ate dinner and Lucie sat up and ate a lot. All that walking under water had her starving. Then when all of us were about 1/2 finished she got down and ran down the hall. We kept eating thinking she'd be right back. When she was way too quiet for too long and didn't come back I went to investigate. It seems that she spotted that pillow Emme had left and couldn't go any further. She was spread eagle asleep on top of the pillow in the hall. She literally just dropped mid run asleep. So funny and adorable.

#3- Movie theaters. To end our fun Friday Ruffin took us all to the movies. We went and watch Cars Two. It was a fun movie and we all loved eating out of the big tub of popcorn, drinking soda, and eating Reese's Pieces. Going to the movies is so much fun with little kids that think it's the most exciting thing ever.

#4. Late night with Liz and ice cream. When we got home the girls went straight to bed and Liz and I sat down to work on our Halloween costumes. I had to stop after a bit and have a little snack of ice cream and milk. So yummy I can't get enough. Not a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment