Labels

September 18, 2011

A Yummy Snack



Today I'm grateful for: #1- My stake presidents message to remember. Today we had ward conference. It is always nice to hear from our stake leaders. In Sacrament meeting my stake president spoke about remembering what we know.
He read Helaman 5:12 -And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
I love this verse and the reminder that there is only one foundation which is sure. That is Jesus Christ. His ways are not always the easiest, they are not always the most popular, but they are the ones that will never crumble. I know that it is through my Savior and His gospel that I have been able to overcome challenges in my life. I know that I have been comforted in my times of need and given strength. I also know that the good times have been so wonderful because of my faith in my Savior. My hope and desire in this life is to always be found building upon His sure foundation so that no matter what Satan throws my way I can stand firm and unmovable in my faith.

#2- Tricia's family who let's us be apart of their wonderful Sunday. Today Paige and Adam gave a beautiful message about faith and it was something that I needed to hear. Paige talked about instead of praying for the daily small miracles that we desire for ourselves and our loved ones that maybe we should consider praying to have faith that those miracles will happen. I've thought about this before because I have no doubt that the Lord can perform miracles. He knows all, He is in the detail of our lives, and He is in control. My problem is I lack faith at times. Faith that miracles will happen for me. So I think I need to start praying and asking my Father in Heaven to give me the faith I need to see miracles happen in my life. Tricia's dad also reminded us that we need to remember that part of having faith is knowing that those miracles happen in the Lord's time. He blesses us with our desires when it is the perfect time for them. Part of faith is really believing, knowing, that the Lord loves us and when the time is right all that we've been promised will be granted to us. I believe this but like I said I need to work on my faith.

#3- A little snack from Tricia's parents. Tricia's parents sent Kerri and I both home with a little bag of yummy fresh garden tomatoes. I'm looking forward to enjoying them tomorrow. It's been a wonderful Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment