Labels

September 19, 2011

My Best Friend



Today I'm thankful for: #1- One more week off. This morning I was so happy I didn't have to go back to work just yet. I was so happy to have one more week off. I decided a few weeks ago that I'd head to Idaho for a few days. I left around 8 so I could be in Idaho Falls by lunch time.

#2- My best friend. Nikkie is my best friend. She would do anything for me and I'd do anything for her.  We haven't had a chance to just hang out and it's been far too long. I decided that I'd just show up at her house with lunch. I did call her husband when I crossed the Idaho Utah border to make sure she'd be home for the day so I wasn't just sitting at her house waiting. I bought us some sandwiches in Pocatello and got to Idaho Falls a little after noon. Tommy called me to tell me I better call her because she was headed to eat lunch at the park. I texted her and asked her what she was eating for lunch. She said McDonald's and I told her that was too bad because I was at her house with sandwiches. She was there within minutes and I was pretty happy with my surprise. We hung out for the afternoon and she let me take a little nap on her couch. I informed her that I was staying at her house for a couple of nights. I just love that I invited myself but most of all love that she didn't care. And I'm so excited to spend some good time hanging out and just talking.

#3- Family. Also, on my way to Idaho I called my grandpa Clark and asked him if he wanted to meet me and my parents for dinner. He said of course. So I left Nikkie's about 4:30 to meet them all at 5 for dinner. We had a wonderful time visiting and enjoying each other's company. Normally we eat and then hurry on our way but tonight was different we sat in the restaurant for at least 2 hours. My dad and grandpa sat and visited about politics and all the other things they always discuss. I listened to some of their conversation and visited with my mom and Janis. Most of all I just enjoyed being with those I love and enjoying their company. After about 2 hours we decided we were ready for dessert so we headed to a yogurt place. Grandpa was 3 oz off from getting his for free and dad filled his cup with so many different odd flavors I don't have any idea how he enjoyed it - the mixing of flavors has never been my thing. When we were through with ice cream I gave mom and dad a hug and they told me they were coming to Utah on Thursday to get peaches and they said they'd take me to dinner. I told them I had tickets to Jimmer's All-Star game so Thursday wouldn't be good. Dad said well get us tickets and we'll go. I told them I'd buy tickets tonight. Tonight was so lovely and I enjoyed myself so much.

1 comment:

  1. You can invite yourself to my homefront anytime! as a matter of fact i think you should do it more often! i will even make the dogs sleep outside :)

    ReplyDelete