Today I'm thankful for #1 - One more day in 3rd Grade. After this week I think I've confirmed that I definitely belong in 6th grade. These kids are wonderful but I love the age that I teach and I'm pretty sure I could do these really little 3rd graders all year long.
#2 - A nap. I was so tired when I headed home from work and I knew that if I was going to make it through a temple session I need to take a quick nap. I fell asleep quickly and didn't have a hard time getting going after so I could make it to the temple in time. Sometimes sleep is just the best medicine.
#3 - The temple. My ward had temple night tonight in preparation for our ward conference on Sunday. I was so happy to be in the temple. It is always just what I need.
#4- Friendly faces. Tonight in the temple I ran into my old Stake President's wife. He was actually in my session along with her but I ran into her in the women's locker room and she stopped me and gave me a hug, asked how I was, and told me I was just beautiful. Now I'm sure this women does this for everyone from my huge stake that she runs into. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know my name, what ward I attended, or remembers the many meetings I sat in with her as she counseled us in the ward Relief Society as a Stake Relief Society counselor but she knew she knew me from somewhere and she took the time to share her love with me. I thought about how I need to be more like her and share the love I have for those around me with them. Also, she'll never know just how much it meant to me for her to make me feel special enough that she'd take her time to say hello and give me a hug. I think the world needs more hugs. I'm grateful today that Sister Plum gave me one.
No comments:
Post a Comment