Labels

September 8, 2011

Lunch with Gracee

Today I'm thankful for: #1- In and Out and Happy Meals. Today Liz and I promised Gracee to bring her lunch and eat with her at school. What is so hilarious about this is we walk in get sat down and Liz looks and me and says, "Sorry, I didn't know it'd be this loud." I laughed and said, "What did you think the kids would all be sitting quietly eating? Don't you remember how loud a lunchroom gets?" I probably wouldn't think about it either other than that's what I hear everyday when I'm at work. Gracee was really excited to have us there and Emme and Lucie were loving every minute of the school lunchroom chaos. Liz and I had In and Out burgers and the girls ate happy meals from McDonalds. What a fun little activity.

#2- Just Emme. After lunch Emme and I dropped Liz and Lucie off at home to take a nap and we went shopping. We went to The Children's Place and found Halloween shirts for her and Gracee. I had already bought Lucie one when Lilly and I wen't shopping in August but they didn't have any I liked in the older girls' sizes. We found a really cute witch one. Then we picked up a carmel apple and Emme in all her cuteness got the candy guy to give her a free chocolate coin. I think he felt bad that I wasn't buying her anything. But I'd promised her either an ice cream cone or a slushie and I planned to enjoy the apple with Liz after all the girls were sleeping. Then we went to the Halloween store in search of wings. We found some but they weren't my very favorite so I thought I'd come back and get them with Liz later if we couldn't find any others. Then we bought Liz a cup of pebbled ice, a fresh lime squeeze and a slushie for each of us. Then we headed home. So much fun with little Emme. She's just full of personality and I love spending time with her.

#3- Another project. Gracee had dance so we had plans to go to the fabric store after we dropped her off. We're working on our Halloween costumes and needed to decide how to make our skirts. We settled on just making a big tutu so we didn't have to sew anything. We picked out all sorts of tool and we even found amazing wings that were on sale. It was definitely our lucky day.

#4- Late night. Liz and I stayed up way to late watching a movie, cutting tool, and tying it onto an elastic. Liz didn't get much of hers finished probably because I was hogging the tool. We enjoyed our carmel apple - it was all that I was hoping it would be. I stayed up way too late but we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment