Labels
September 13, 2011
A Good Book
Today I'm thankful for: #1- That even though I didn't need to I can go to the doctors anytime I need to. Sunday night I started to get a little bit of a sore throat. I doctored myself with my home remedies and even took Nyquil Monday night but Tuesday morning it still wasn't feeling much better and then by the end of substituting 3rd graders it was really sore. Not horrible but I started to get paranoid that it was strep throat. I went to the insta care and was tested. It's not strep that's what I paid $50 to find out. I'm not so grateful about that but I am grateful that there are good doctors and nurses to take care of me if I really was sick. I rarely go to the doctor and today I was reminded of why. Unless I'm about ready to die there's not much they can do for me. The most frustrating part of this story is the doctor told me to go home and take some Ibuprofen. So I did take a 30 minute nap and woke up with no sore throat definitely not 100% but feeling much better. Yep- next time I'll be doing much more of my own self medicating and if it's strep it'll be full blown before I take myself to the doctors.
#2- The cliff hanger season finale of Burn Notice. The Burn Notice Season Finale was last Thursday but we were all off vacationing so this was our first chance to get together to watch it. Like any good season finale it left us hanging wondering what's going to happen next.
#3- A good book to read. I headed to sleep early tonight. As in 9:00 early. I'm a pretty big wimp when I'm not feeling the best and going to the doctor and them saying it wasn't anything big confirms that the best medicine is rest. So I curled up in my bed with a good book and read for a while. I love a good read and I'm currently really enjoying The Goose Girl series by Shannon Hale. I didn't know there were more books than just The Goose Girl and was delighted to find out that there are two more books to read.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Three more books...Enna Burning, River Secrets, and don't forget Forest Born! Oh, and Shannon Hale had a press release yesterday...the sequel to Princess Academy comes out next year!
ReplyDelete