Labels

September 28, 2011

These Girls



Today I'm thankful for: #1- Parent volunteers. This year I have been blessed with a full classroom of 30 students. It's my biggest class in my teaching career. I wasn't so sure about how I'd get everything finished with the added work that comes with a few more students. Don't tell anyone but I think I have more time than I every have this year. I have a set of 6 parents who come in every week and help me in whatever I'd like them to do. They don't come sporadically and I'm not afraid to have them work with the students. Sometime you have to be careful that parents don't confuse them more than they help. But these parents are wonderful. I also have a few that come in every other week because that's what their schedule allows. Anyway, when I get behind on my grading these parents are happy to help. They correct and grade and do it like it's no big deal. -But it's a big deal to me. Today is my big volunteer day and I have four parents in my room throughout the day. I love having them in my room and I love how they make my job easier. I'll take 30 kids with great parents any day.

#2- The Temple. I love the temple. I love going and love when a temple work recognizes me. It feels good that some temple workers think I'm a familiar face at the temple.

#3- These girls I call friends. On my way home from the temple I stopped at the store and decided to make tacos for dinner. I visited with Tricia while I made them. I ate my taco while she was visiting teaching. Then Kerri and Deeds came home and ate one. We ate in shifts. But it was so nice to share a meal with each other and I was so happy for all of us to be home for the evening and just enjoy being with each other. These girls are wonderful and I love living with them. They are great examples to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment