Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Knowledge. I'm amazed at the knowledge I should have had before becoming a teacher. No one told me all the stuff I'd really have to deal with and know. Today one of my students lost a baby brother. Incredibly hard and I can't imagine what the sweet thing is going through. The lot fell to me to let my students know that she was gone and that they need to be sensitive to her feelings when she gets back. Ya, they didn't teach me those things in school. I'm also thankful for grief and the opportunity to grieve for those we love. I watched as my students were concerned for their friend and eager to do something that showed how much they love her. My room mom came in at the end of the day and the kids folded cranes to take to her. Really sweet.
#2- Chatting with Raegan. After work I chatted with Raegan and I'm so thankful to have her as my friend. I love that I have such a wonderful friend and teacher to discuss all things school and all things personally.
#3- Costco with Tricia. Tricia and I had to run over to Costco and we decided to grab some salmon for dinner. This might be my all time favorite meal. I love it and Tricia's dad's recipe is DELICIOUS!! Love it and it made me so happy for the rest of the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment